Australia-India ECTA CO template available on essCert for Australian exporters
The Australia-India Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement (AI-ECTA) Certificate of Origin was recently added to essCert – allowing Australian businesses to take advantage of new trade opportunities and preferential tariffs offered by the bilateral free trade agreement, which entered into force on 29 December 2022.
The Australia-India ECTA Certificate of Origin is a document that certifies the origin of goods being traded between India and Australia. It is issued by the Australian Chambers of Commerce and is required for the goods to be eligible for preferential tariff treatment under the agreement. The AI-ECTA has eliminated tariffs on over 85% of Australian exports to India and is expected to cover more than 90% of exports in 2029.
The AI-ECTA CO template was added to essCert very shortly after the trade agreement came into force, enabling the Australian exporters to issue electronic AI-ECTA Certificates of Origin and achieve multiple efficiencies via the digital application process. Moreover, exporters and freight forwarders in Australia can benefit from reduced tariffs upon import on a wide range of products, including agricultural goods, industrial goods, and manufactured goods, as provided for by the bilateral agreement.
Other preferential Certificate of Origin templates available for Australian exporters:
In addition to the AI-ECTA Certificate of Origin, Australian exporters and freight forwarders can use essCert to apply electronically for a wide range of preferential COs, including:
- Australia-Chile Free Trade Agreement (AC1-FTA)
- Australia Certified Declaration of Origin (AU DoO)
- Australian Industry Group Certified Declaration of Origin (AIG DoO)
- Australian Industry Group Certificate of Australian Origin (AIG CoO)
- China-Australia Free Trade Agreement Certificate of Origin (ChAFTA CoO)
- Indonesia-Australia Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement Certificate of Origin (IA-CEPA CoO)
- Japan Australia Economic Partnership Agreement Certificate of Origin (JAEPA CoO)
- Korea-Australia Free Trade Agreement Certificate of Origin (KAFTA CoO)
- Malaysia-Australia Free Trade Agreement Certificate of Origin (MAFTA CoO)
- Peru-Australia Free Trade Agreement Certificate of Origin (PAFTA CoO)
- Singapore-Australia Free Trade Agreement Certificate of Origin (SAFTA CoO)
- Thailand-Australia Free Trade Agreement Certificate of Origin (TAFTA CoO)
- Australia-United States Free Trade Agreement Certificate of Origin (AUSFTA CoO)
Register now with your Chamber of Commerce in Australia to apply for electronic Certificates of Origin.
essCert is used by 400+ Chambers of Commerce, issuing eCOs out of 21 export countries for imports into 190 countries across the globe. Click here for a detailed list of required origin, movement, and trade documents available using essCert, in addition to details on relevant Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) that impact origin document requirements.