essCert upgrades to the v2 ICC CO Verification Tool
The ICC World Chambers Federation (WCF) has revamped its Certificate of Origin (CO) verification website, which allows Chambers of Commerce, Customs Authorities, Importers and Banks to confirm the authenticity and validity of COs issued by accredited Chambers located in the participating countries of the International CO Accreditation Chain.
essCert has completed its upgrade to the v2 ICC CO verification website, enabling instant online confirmation of the authenticity and validity of essCert eCOs issued by ICC CO Accreditation Chain Chamber members. (Note: New Zealand Chambers will be updated to the v2 verification tool by end August 2022).
What is changing for ICC accredited Chambers of Commerce using essCert to issue eCOs?
The newly revamped CO website will now display additional information, such as a description of the goods and the countries of origin and destination. The option of scanning the QR code on the CO (instead of manually inputting the information) has also been crucially added to the new website.
essCert eCOs issued by ICC accredited chambers will bear the ICC stamp and a unique QR code that can be scanned only at https://certificates.iccwbo.org/.
To use the ICC QR code on your desktop computer or smartphone:
- Go to https://certificates.iccwbo.org/
- Click SCAN THE QR CODE
- Use your computer camera (e.g., webcam) or smartphone camera to scan the QR code on the cert
- The scanned data will fill out the form on the right-hand side of the page if using your desktop, or across the entire page if using your smartphone
- Type the "Inquiring organization"
- Click SEARCH to get the cert details to verify
Currently, 79 essCert Chambers across 11 countries benefit from the use of the ICC’s internationally-recognized CO label. This certified mark assures trade participants that their COs have been issued according to the most stringent and harmonized certification standards.
- Users verifying essCert COs via the ICC WCF CO verification tool are currently not able to preview the full certificate directly from the website; this capability will be enabled later in 2022
- essCert’s own CO verification tool remains fully supported and can be used by any party receiving an essCert CO